About current politics owners servers and developers

Suppose we had a central blacklist, I think it’s fairly safe to assume that those reported for cheating would be placed on this blacklist by whichever devs were responsible for its upkeep. This is after all where most of the responsible server owners gather their data; the blacklist. Basically, in such a case, if you’re on the blacklist report for cheating one assumes you would also be on the central list; or if it didn’t exist, on whichever alternative list proved most popular; either way you’re banned

Part of the complaint seems to be that TyD are being “political” in their choice of who to list and who not to. Lets bear in mind that during the change from 1.1 to more recent issues (correct me if I’m wrong) a political decision was taken to wipe all but the very worst offenders from the master server block and a great many individual server owners followed suit; a grave error in my opinion.

It seems to me that given the above amnesty that enormous amounts of hours spent looking at demos and discovering cheats got thrown away and all the work put in by Jamz and Brahma for example was in effect wasted. A great many of the more discrete cheats are indeed back on the servers as has been pointed out. This issue lies with with devs imo and TyD can’t be held responsible for it.

The fact is, the dev team has never shown any interest in maintaining a central blacklist.
If one considers the work and effort required to keep such a list current it’s not hard to see why.

What gets forgotten here is pwnage in particular and TyD in general have since I’ve been playing been the only stable clan prepared to put in the enormous amounts of work required to maintain any sort of blacklist and the fact that it is used by so many other server owners as a basis for their individual server lists bears testimony to its usefulness and popularity.

Add to this no server owner is forced to use the list TyD provide; they choose to because it’s the best on offer.

There may be a case for debate regarding how long a ban should be, my view is simple; proven cheat, banned for life. As often pointed out, its not as if you get banned from playing any online games, just this one.

It is in the end quite simple. If you don’t want to get banned then don’t cheat.
If you get caught, don’t come to the forums crying, you knew the risk, you just assumed the honest player were too stupid to catch you out.
It’s just adding insult afterwards to come to the forums crying about unfair blacklists and clan politics. You started the unfair chain when you decided to cheat. Not so clever when it happens to you though is it :-p
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About current politics owners servers and developers - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 19 Jun 11, 10:11AM
RE: About current politics owners servers and developers - by tipper|DES| - 19 Jun 11, 05:31PM
RE: About current politics owners servers and developers - by HellJanitorIsHispanic - 21 Jun 11, 08:33AM