1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
I remember a while back there was a grand retexturing of AssaultCube. I believe that the textures were going to be made 512×512 but released as 256×256. There were plans to perhaps release the 512×512 textures as a pack that users could apply if they wanted. What's the progress of all this? Will there be a 512×512 texture pack?

On a different note, I think the SMG and AR may be very slightly underpowered now. Compared to the shotgun which can kill at midrange in two shots, they are slow to kill enemies.

I also think sniper damage should be reduced further to 66. This is based on two ideas:
  • If someone defeats a sniper but gets hit by the sniper once, they usually have no chance of surviving a second sniper shot even if they find a medkit. This essentially makes surviving a fight with a sniper generally useless as you'll die next fight. Ideally I think someone who takes a sniper shot, heals, and then takes another sniper shot should survive.
  • The sniper should still be able to kill in a single sniper shot and 2 pistol shots.

So doing some maths we can see that the highest (integer) damage a sniper can do while retaining these two properties is 66.

This may seem to make the sniper useless but it's actually still very powerful in a few specific regards. For example, it can be scoped and I believe it is 100% accurate scoped. But probably the biggest reason people will take it is for headshots.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Larry - 29 Jul 10, 05:49PM