1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
(20 Jul 10, 05:51PM)Brahma Wrote: The guys that are complaining here want to:
1) go to the bathroom!!
What, you never have to pee when you're playing AC? Now we'll have to carry our computer around when we go take a leak, just to move the cursor and pretend we're not AFK. Easy enough with a laptop, maybe. Or if your computer is on one of those little wheeled tables. Hmm, what about a wireless mouse, what range do they have? Of course, peeing in a bottle would do the trick. Or wearing diapers. :-P

Quote:Yesterday I talked to Apollo, and he suggested to remove the ability to enter in the "Main menu" and the "Browse servers" from the "In-game menu", or at least auto-disconnect when the guy enter in these sub menus. It is an interesting idea. But I would like more feedback about this.
I'm not sure I understand this. Would that mean that you would be disconnected as soon as you enter the "browse servers" menu? Not a good idea. I do that a lot, when the number of players on a server is falling and I want to check if another server has more players, or in TOSOK games when I'm killed and waiting for a new round to start, to check if there is a CTF or HTF going on somewhere else.

As for disconnecting when entering the main menu, there is something I often have to do in-game: re-apply my video settings. Default settings are much too dark for me, and sometimes some application running in the background messes with AC (don't know if it's the AV, firewall or some auto-update of whatever software) and the video settings get "lost" (default values are applied instead of mine). All I have to do is enter the menu, go to video settings -> apply and everything goes back to normal. It doesn't take more than 4 seconds and I'd hate to be disconnected every time I have to do that.

Quote:People are complaining here before we start to have "pubs" for the 1.1 and people really start to test. And we really want to test it in the pubs before anything.
Please don't consider all this as "complaining", people are just expressing their ideas and suggestions. It's alpha testing after all. It's a good sign that people are bitching about details rather than crying that they can't get the damn thing to run at all. And of course it still needs to be live tested, fine tuned... and getting used to! Be assured that most players appreciate the improvements you devs are bringing to the game. Can't wait to see 1.1 final running.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Lumpaz - 21 Jul 10, 08:57AM