1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
About the AFK-autokick.

Actually, I did ask for such function since it happend to become a regular annoyance on 10+ servers and people even started to use 'AFK-scripts' changing the name to nickname|AFK and putting out a message telling others the player was away from keys. I wondered why they didn't simply add a [ disconnect ] command to them.

It's not the one guy being off for having a phone call for one minute. You may not even realise he'd been gone. Problems start when there are about 2 or 3 guys inactive on one team. Such games happen to be pointless and the whole game is screwed. Vote kicking doesn't work in most cases, since those 3 guys won't vote as beeing afk and still a lot of people don't know how to vote or simply ignore them.

Sure, it could be a bit smarter organised, taking menu/chat activity into account. Though, in general it's a valid function in my opinion. AssaultCube is not a long-lasting RPG where you can't avoid to leave the computer for whatever activity now and then. The longest games last 15 minutes and being away for 2 minutes... Well, you can do the calculation yourself.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Mr.Floppy - 20 Jul 10, 09:18AM