1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
(19 Jul 10, 11:28PM)Brahma Wrote: But I do not believe you know "exactly whats going" on the pubs, and at the same time think it is appropriate a longer AFK kicking time...

Well, I don't know where and under which alias you are playing but I'm playing always with Apollo (there is a neat search feature, btw). Well at least it isn't exactly an AFK function, cause it's only checking one part of possible user interactions (moving the player model). That's the reason why it does some troubles, why several players are surprised why there AC isn't acting as expected anymore and why we are doing this discussion. It's quite easy. A real AFK kick would kick if there isn't any kind of user interaction after amount of time (in short: when the user is doing nothing). This AFK is kicking when the user isnt' doing what you want (in short: moving). This is a difference.

(19 Jul 10, 11:28PM)Brahma Wrote: And seriously... if you need more than 45 seconds to type a text ...

You still forget that there are

1) some ppl who are not natural english speakers who needs sometimes a bit longer to think about the right words (suprinsingly cause we both are from a countries in which english isn't the main language),

2) some ppl who are interested writing down complete sentences and not only lines like "stfu", "fu", "damn fuck Apollo", "mf", "ftp" which all doesnt take 45 sec to type in. Therefore I'm sure we will have get much more short lines and acronyms by now

Whatever

(19 Jul 10, 11:28PM)Brahma Wrote: or to change something in the config, do not make it in a middle of a ctf ac_shine 5x5 with your team counting on you...

I already state in past posts that some menus are to deep. Probably it is a good idea to make sure (!!) that the player will be disconnect whenever he used the option "go back to main menu" or using the server browser.

(19 Jul 10, 11:28PM)Brahma Wrote: I think it is an interesting idea to disable completely the chat (once I did this in my server, but I faced a lot more angry guys than I am facing here...)... so we cannot disable the chat... if it is used wisely it is a good thing. The point is, it is not used wisely... so we need to create another feature to control this. And the intention is really to disrupt the abusers.
I really beg you: disconnect, let other one get your place, do what you need to do (there are appropriate softwares for chatting), and then come back to the game.

In other words you have a feature which causes problems. Instead of removing it, you create another feature to fix it which causes other problems (sounds strange, lol). So we dont take it completly away, only a bit... (is this salami-slice strategy??)

Well if someone is bold enough to drop the abused chat feature, let me know.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Apollo{TyD} - 19 Jul 10, 11:56PM