1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
Ok... let me try to comment each of the concerns.

1) Shotgun sound bug
This is new to me, and I will test this afternoon to find the reason of this.

2) AFK disconnect
Guys! AFK disconnect is a feature that was requested dozen of times in the old "Ideas thread".
I see people complaining about this are forgetting some specific points:
a) It works ONLY in open servers (the pubs);
b) It is triggered AFTER 45 seconds of inactivity, id est, no playing activity;
c) The AFK autokick was requested due to situations like this: You can score a flag in ac_depot in only 15 seconds... if you are chatting, your team will be playing with one (or two) players less... and so, the other team can easily make one or two flags.
d) SPECTATE MODE was created to be used in the MATCH mode (not in public servers)... so people spectating in public servers have (almost) the same effect of AFK.

Anyway, the server owner has the option to change this time (for its own risk)... but I do not remember the switch now.... :P

3) Scoretable
You are right... it is better to merge ping/pj in one column...
About the negative scores, we can simply fix this with an if ( score < 0 ) print 0;
Also, you must consider the score values are in testing, and the dev's team still not discussed what will be the final values (for the medals system).

4) Scopesens
We did some improvements in the mouse sens, filter and accel... and unfortunately changed a bit the default values of the 1.0.4 and we did not document all new options yet. Also, we MUST include these options in the QUICK setup, imo.... I will re-do this soon.

5) Nades
Less complain guys... you still can gib 4 enemies at once with a nade, gaining 4 frags! This is the real purpose of the nade... not easy score. Also, you still can throw a nade to one direction (in front of a door) and go to another one, giving your backs to the nade... if some enemy appear there, he will be gibbed. So, nades must be used with the brain and the skill... those who are missing the easy score were playing wrong, imho.

6) Anticheats / Autoban
I passed the antispeedhack in a hurry to the 1.1... and it is unexpectedly more sensible to some specific lag patterns... I am working on this... so, please, do not scare for some (very wrong) auto-bans (my fault... i should not enabled this now....)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Brahma - 19 Jul 10, 07:02PM