1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
(19 Jul 10, 02:21AM)Alien Wrote: The discussion about scoreboard was already in old forum. The purpose is eliminate unbalanced teams. Many factors of gameplay is mapping to one value and through this value balanced teams. There were more ideas how to do it and this one was chosen, i don't remember whose it is. now would be good link to that thread and end of the discussion, you had oppurtinity to discuss about it. I as coder hate such changers of specifications.

You are forgetting (once more) to whom you are talking. Maybe you don't remember or you haven't realize during the past year that I have left the community in the meantime and I returned short before the old forum was going down. Therefore I have no idea what you and others have discussed before.

Maybe you have also not realized that we have a new forum now and that the old content is gone. So it might be a good idea no to request links to the void.

Btw, I know the future purpose of the score value. Also I don't dislike it in general, but I'm pointing on some irritating aspects. I never seen a game or a sport where you can can get negative scores from the beginning. This is more deterrent than stimulative IMO. Therefore I'm for a modification of your so called specification (changing the calculation a bit).

And finally - as a tip - we are on alpha testing now; it's totally legit to check out, criticize, fine tune, add, take out, modify (and whatever you want) the aspects of this piece of software. This is normal for and the purpose of alpha stage testing (you as a coder will learn this sometimes). Better discuss something before it has been release instead after the release.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Apollo{TyD} - 19 Jul 10, 07:46AM