1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun
(18 Jul 10, 11:30PM)KN!F3 Wrote: The mac version does not work.

It works fine to me.

Here are some impressions to this. Some are the same like I have already mentioned here.

1. Shutgun sound (bug)
When I used the shotgun first I'm hearing the sound of the carbine. After switching to the carbine and back to the shotgun, the correct sound is used.

2. Player model at ingame menu (bug)
When I'm opening the ingame menu a rotating playermodel appears on the right when selecting the following items:
  • Change to the enemy team
  • Change to the spectate mode
  • Change player skin...
Samples:
[Image: bildschirmfoto20100718u.png][Image: bildschirmfoto20100718uv.png]
As far as I know only the rotating and acting model which appears AFTER selecting "Change player skin..." is corrrect.

3. AFK disconnect
First of all, the idea is good. But the time which is used (45sec) is quite too fast (and this not only my opinion). It seems to me that the counting mechanism ignores typing or selecting/switching the menus. Probably cause this happens on clientside without any further notification sent to the server.

So if you are in a conversation and you are typing a longer sentence or thinking for moment about the words you want to use (cause you arent a naturally english speaker) then you will be disconnect.

Therefore I suggest to put a player without any moving action after a longer period of time into spectator first and after the same amount of time w/o action he will be kicked out.

4. sound settings
Muting and unmuting are still handled in different ways. If you want to mute all sounds you have to deselect every sound in every category (see image). If you want to unmute all sounds you have a menu item for it:

[Image: bildschirmfoto20100718ut.png]

My suggestion: Make the last menu item work like a toggle function ("Mute/Unmute all sounds")

5. weapon preview
As I already mentioned in my first post, I would like to see more consistency in the weapon preview. IMO the user becomes more logically of elements of the same kind are put on the same place. Therefore the rotating weapon model in the weapon selection menu should be placed as suggested in the image.

[Image: bildschirmfoto20100718u.png]

6. Scoretable
[Image: 20100718223940accomplex.jpg]

If it is the goal to make the score value to the important thing on this board then it should be placed as first column on it (maybe with a different color?). Currently it doesnt look very necessary, important or interesting.

Honestly the PJ and Ping info could be replaced by a much more simplified "connection" info, which shows the quality of the connection like e.g. "good", "bad", "lag" (ofc colorized). Maybe questions like "Is my ping good?", "What's a PJ?", "Why is my PJ 0?" and stupid comparisons to the ping values of other games become history then.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1.1.0.x - alpha/experimental testing has begun - by Apollo{TyD} - 19 Jul 10, 12:35AM