Why so many?
Davitomon had skills. He probably just got to a point in his gaming career where he said screw it. The pressure to be good and stay good was too much. So he started hacking / cheating.

There are other reasons a skilled player may choose to hack / cheat. Changes in a game may make it not worth playing anymore. All that skill that that player had stored up becomes useless. That could push someone to hack / cheat. This is few and far between but very plausible. Maybe they haven't gotten the recognition they believe they deserve in the game's community. An attitude of "Screw it. Screw this. Screw YOU" might pop up. They may start hacking / cheating because they don't give a crap about anyone else anymore and are tired of trying for nothing. Naturally both reasons are quite abhorrent but understandable to a degree.

Finally we have one more thing to talk about, and that's forgiveness. If someone apologizes for past hacking / cheating, and is truly repentant for the most part, what's the criteria for letting them back? How do we forgive? Do we forgive? How do we tell the reformed from the malicious? Does a new version mean a second chance? Innocent until proven guilty? Or do they stay banned for all eternity?

In Davitomon's case, I think some major forgiveness is needed. The man was a good player, a solid part of the old community, and a true shimmy back in the day. He apologized via AC Radio. Most if not all of the "community", I use the term lightly because it's really a TyDes-munity these days, has forgiven him. Even offering outside help to a clan that's not even his managed to get them blacklisted (think legacy. here). Whereas it was legacy.'s response, i.e. tag-evading an unfair and viciously psychotic ban, that has kept them banned. BUT BUT BUT... that is enough of that. Next up oNe. Supposedly they have a hacker / cheater in their ranks. Now he may or may not have hacked / cheated back then, but he doesn't now. Yet they're banned. Naturally I'm not trying to tell the major clan who runs the blacklist these poor shimmies are on how to do things, I'm just bringing up the point of forgiveness. It's about time they started showing some. Time to start leading by example and put the fun back in AC. It's a game, not a I PAY FOR ALL SERVER, DEY MINE, kind of thing. Or a YOU RUINING QUALITY GAME, YOU DIE NOW. It's an accept that people can't behave correctly ALL the time. It's a live and let live. Some things require hardcore bannage while the majority of them do not.

Regrettably I have gone off on a tangent i.e. I'm using more periods instead of commas, and my thoughts aren't flowing as awesomely as they should be right now. I should wrap it up. Let's forgive and forget when the new version comes out. Let's have some fun. FyI I prefer beating down those skilled players who hack / cheat and then laughing at them uncontrollably for a good 15-20 minutes inbetween beers. It's like icing on the cake after a hard day's work.

Have fun shimmies.

PS:: V-Man totally hacks / cheats the forums. He timestamps that ass like the dingo who ate Shorty's baby. How else is his post count so high?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Why so many? - by bballn45 - 12 Apr 11, 03:03PM
RE: Why so many? - by Lightning - 12 Apr 11, 03:21PM
RE: Why so many? - by titiPT - 12 Apr 11, 04:19PM
RE: Why so many? - by tempest - 12 Apr 11, 05:28PM
RE: Why so many? - by bballn45 - 12 Apr 11, 05:46PM
RE: Why so many? - by tempest - 12 Apr 11, 06:01PM
RE: Why so many? - by V-Man - 12 Apr 11, 07:02PM
RE: Why so many? - by tempest - 12 Apr 11, 07:09PM
RE: Why so many? - by Alien - 12 Apr 11, 08:49PM
RE: Why so many? - by Brahma - 12 Apr 11, 11:08PM