Tag evasion ban, are you serious?
(24 Feb 11, 06:49PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Some people seem to be over-zealous with tag bans. Listening to MK's rages, I caught on that KH is tagbanned for a stupid think he did. Not what his clan did. This is where you use an ip ban or just a "block KH|MorganKell". However, I do not know the details of this incident or the legacy one.
(if you reply to this post, reply to the idea I provided, not the example)

Flattering me already? Awww... ty! xD. |KH| has been tag-banned before and is currently banned on stef's A&D servers. Speaking of which, anyone seen those lately? Didn't think so. The idea is one that goes back to the beginning of time. Share the punishment with all of offender's associates and watch how quick they turn on him. It's a method of enforcing a decision when there is no other alternative i.e. offender could give a puck. Love that swear dipped in cherry Mod Awesome V-Man FTW? Thought so.

The issue with |KH|'s recent tag-banning was due to our not doing enough of a background check on an old shimmy who appeared out of nowhere. He was solid stuff when he transferred from KFC, but somewhere inbetween something got Lost in Translation. IDK. We removed him due to simple problem of lying. If a cheater reforms and wants to play I'll give them a second chance AS long as they are up front about their past and who they are. That way when the tag-bans start falling I'll know which way to swing the awesomeness.

I don't however agree with banning an entire clan in order to punish one person. It's basically a form of blackmail. Use it as a tool to force other clan leaders into doing things your way, while hurting innocent players in the process? It's as shiesty a tool as I've ever seen, and believe me, I've seen that bitch more often then I'd care to remember.

What I do agree with is this. Say an entire clan of offensive whoremongering duetschbags spawned from the After Regions of Satan's Sauna and hellbent on being the biggest dickheads since Henry VIII decide to run amok. You tag-ban them accordingly with the requisite "FU dickhead" only to find mass logins to your servers under different, slightly changed, slightly skewed, triple smacked, wadilly wacked, uber slappy, god that's happy, mick my nine just in time Mr. Sublime, tags. In my opinion that calls for some epic Banhammer of Thor up in that bitch. You wanna step make sure you got game, but if you wanna play, learn the name.

As for this legacy thing. I don't really give a shit. Then again, accepting an ex-cheater such as Davi is going to do that to a shimmy. TyD and A&D were pretty tight back in the day. TyD built it's reputation on being the law enforcers of AC. To have one of their most trusted shimmies suddenly join the Dark Side is a bitter pill for them to swallow. You can't ask them to forget something like that can you? What do you do then? As for Vault and Sepehr... shit happens. |KH| defended Vault like a whiteboy and too have him accused of hacks AGAIN?? Yea that's all I'm going to say. Buy yourself a new G38475.328282 mouse and have some fun. You left and so did all the fucking aussies who say they killed |KH|. Word to the wise. YOU CAN NEVER KILL |KH|!! FU SON AND TAKE A SEAT.

MorganKell
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by castiel - 24 Feb 11, 02:53PM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by Foo - 25 Feb 11, 01:43AM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by MorganKell - 25 Feb 11, 06:36AM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by Foo - 25 Feb 11, 12:04PM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by Foo - 26 Feb 11, 06:32AM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by Foo - 26 Feb 11, 12:03PM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by MCS - 28 Feb 11, 01:43AM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by MCS - 28 Feb 11, 11:33AM
RE: Tag evasion ban, are you serious? - by MCS - 28 Feb 11, 12:21PM