The script requests/brainstorming thread!
DrauL: I realize the whole reason you're using a custom alias to list out maps in that script is probably to allow support for custom maps, but if you wanted to go the convenient/efficient/compatibility route you could use something along these lines to load a random official map (and since it uses listlen, will probably be compatible with future versions of AC for the foreseeable future):

map (at $defaultmaps (rnd (listlen $defaultmaps)))

You'll ditch a rather lengthy alias, and have future compatibility for your script all at the same time. :D

VallDiGna: The reason you're getting the epic no is because 92.168.0.1 is not a integer mathematically speaking. Therefore comparison operators such as >, will not work in this case, also you are correct, CS does not currently have a way of "sub-stringing" but the idea has already been suggested multiple times, cross your fingers with me and hope. :P

Mr.Floppy: That sounds do-able, but unfortunately, unless hardcoded, would not work when clients use /newent rather than the menus. Still worth trying though. Not all official mapmodels need to be clipped with clip entities IIRC, so it wouldn't be quite as much work anyways. I'll mess around with some things and see what I come up with. :D

Btw, automatically clipping the metal stairs mapmodel will be impossible, until the devs implement the move/shiftselection feature I already suggested. :>
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The script requests/brainstorming thread! - by Bukz - 02 Feb 11, 05:50PM