Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion
(28 Dec 10, 02:41AM)CyberKlown28 Wrote: Nobody is calling for instant million guns, get that in your head :D
Carbine feels old and natural already.
Doesn't hurt to dream of more weapons in Assault Cube in the future <3
And these devs seem skilled enough to do so given enough time.
....unless people complain about perfectly balanced weapons and force the devs to rebalance the guns over and over forever
You seem relatively new to AssaultCube. Most newcomers usually suggest adding more weapons, but it honestly won't happen--even the devs have stated that it would be heading in a different direction to add more weapons (carbine is an exception).

I've been playing AC for about three years now, and over the years, I've seen at least hundreds of posts suggesting more weapons.

There haven't been any new weapons added for years. The only one that has been added is the carbine, and that was just added since 1.1.

Quote:I would like to spectate that game :D.
btw can the smg bullet not go long range? like does it stop and disappear?

as for weapon balance. just copy+paste the normal ar/smg/whatever(with a different appearance)
add some power, take away some rof, equal kill time.
shazam! 5,000,000 weapons all with the normal balance.
housewolf is a meanie e.e

We don't want 5,000,000 weapons. AssaultCube is meant to be simple, easy, and fast. Having more weapons creates too much complexity. The thing I love most about AssaultCube is the total minimalistic approach to weapons--I don't need to spend a lot of time choosing the right one. It's either this one or this one.

And |BC|Wolf isn't "mean". People are just tired of explaining time after time to newer players that if there isn't a necessity for more weapons, there shouldn't be more weapons.

jAcKRoCk* Wrote:Why someone says that SMG and AR are the same?? Gosh new people scare me :S, yet i think that what you guys need to see is that, adding a new weapon to the game changed de game completely from one version to another, just that one weapon make a lot of diference in the gameplay and we are still trying to make the weapons balanced, now imagine if we add another weapon? This tread will never end, because it will be a mess.

Exactly. There's already been enough controversy over the changes between 1.0 and 1.1 because of the 'weapon balances'. If anything, the devs should find a permanent solution/balance and STOP touching it.

If we've learned anything from 0.93 to 1.0, and 1.0 to 1.1, it's that changing weapon balances only divide the community. The dissent from 0.93 to 1.0 was only a small minority, because the changes weren't that drastic. From 1.0 to 1.1, a new weapon was added, grenades were drastically changed, and all the other weapons went through some 'tweaking'.

Was a problem "solved"? Well, now there's not that much nade spam--if it was a problem in the first place. But we also have a newer problem--a crazy shotgun. I do believe in the current SVN it's been/being addressed, but it would be very, very, very nice if we could find a balance that is nearly perfect, and just leave it alone.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 08 Dec 10, 12:27AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 11 Dec 10, 01:10AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 13 Dec 10, 12:59AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 15 Dec 10, 04:10AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 15 Dec 10, 08:03PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 27 Dec 10, 05:55PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 27 Dec 10, 08:54PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 02:03AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 02:41AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by Syntax - 28 Dec 10, 05:21PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 04:20AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 04:28AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 04:58AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 07:50PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 09:44PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 28 Dec 10, 11:50PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 29 Dec 10, 07:29PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 30 Dec 10, 10:17PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 31 Dec 10, 01:54AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 31 Dec 10, 04:01AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 31 Dec 10, 11:08PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 01 Jan 11, 01:18AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by CyberKlown28 - 01 Jan 11, 02:08AM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by System - 12 Jan 11, 04:43PM
RE: Weapon Balance and Gameplay Discussion - by System - 13 Jan 11, 02:14PM