Is this forum's moderation failing?
(29 Sep 10, 05:46AM)DES|Boomhauer Wrote: And if this is "not a player's forum" then who is doing all this posting? Without the PLAYERS their would be NO AC COMMUNITY and no need for the forums, unless the moderators and the developers just want to ban all the players and talk amongst themselves?
The devs run the forum. If the players want to go and make their own forum, they can go ahead and do so. The players can also go ahead and make their own game if they like, too.
But since the devs created the game which led to the creation of this community, I would say they deserve to hold power here.

(29 Sep 10, 05:46AM)DES|Boomhauer Wrote: I don't need a librarian telling me what notes to take from a book. I just need them to tell me where the book is, you know what I mean?
Yes, but you do need the librarian to keep the punks who think it is funny to cause a ruckus in the library from ruining everyone else's experience. The moderators are not here to micro-manage every aspect of every post, we are here to try to keep some semblance of order. What you are proposing would ultimately be anarchy. You ever been frustrated by being unable to kick/ban someone from a server, for whatever reason? People just didn't care enough to vote? Now imagine exactly the same thing happening on these forums. In-game administration is needed, forum moderation is also needed.

(29 Sep 10, 05:46AM)DES|Boomhauer Wrote: It's not possible to say what someone else "knew", unless they verbalized it. There is a word for that.
I talked to Undead today. He said he would re-post the image as soon as he was unbanned, knowing full well he would simply be re-banned. No, the trolls know exactly what they are doing, and exactly what the consequences of their actions will be.

(29 Sep 10, 05:46AM)DES|Boomhauer Wrote: I am sure that Hitler would agree...
I am not comparing anyone of you to Hitler...
Yes, you are. And by bringing Hitler into this, you invoke Goodwin's Law, meaning you automatically lose the debate.

(29 Sep 10, 05:46AM)DES|Boomhauer Wrote: "Actions have consequences...first rule of life. And the second rule is this - you are the only one responsible for your own actions."
I agree. A troll is responsible only for his own ridiculous nonsense, not anyone else's. And thus people have been banned for their own posts, not because of the actions of others.

(29 Sep 10, 05:46AM)DES|Boomhauer Wrote: But instead I have taken the time to put plenty of thought into my reply, and to go about it in the most civil way I can. I am not interested in arguing, but forming a solid stance, based on fact and only mildly influenced by personal opinion, so as to present basis for compromise rather than a biased selfish solution.
Fair enough. And you certainly have! I mean this in all seriousness, I can see a lot of thought went into your reply. But that is why the trolls are being banned: exactly 0 thought went into their replies. They are only trying to piss people off. Guess what? They succeeded. GG to them.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by Zarjio - 29 Sep 10, 06:16AM