Is this forum's moderation failing?
TBH, I think AC has too many "leaders". And too many rules. I mean, is this a game or what? One of the main things that draws people like (me) to AC is that it is open-source and completely in the hands of the PLAYERS. I agree with anti cheat stuff, and a limit as to what is generally accepted as bad language/abusive/immoral behavior. But other than that, I think who posts what and where should be left up to the people. This is not the moderators forum, its the PLAYERS FORUM. Maybe there should be a cut-back of moderators, and do it like in game, put it to a vote. It can't be hard to implement a voting method into the forums. That way if enough people agree that the topic is redundant, useless, flaming, whatever...it can be bumped to a SPAM category, and read by choice. We ALL deserve a chance to see ANYONE's opinion on ANYTHING related to the game. And posting a picture? Give me a break. Anyone has a right to post a picture anywhere on the forum IMO, unless it is OFFENSIVE. Not offensive to a moderator, but offensive in the eyes of the AC community in general. No one should have the right to delete a posted picture, just because they don't like it. That's just lame. So in short, the best thing to do IMHO is slim out the amount of moderators, and implement a voting capability into the forums. LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES!!! This would actually be a lot easier on the Mods, they would have to do less. Then maybe we could see them back in-game, so those that have forgotten may remember what this game is all about....
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by DES|Boomhauer - 29 Sep 10, 03:17AM