Is this forum's moderation failing?
Another small proposition: any warned posts should say "warned post", and possibly with a reason beside it. This way, you wouldn't need to remove offending posts and confuse everyone, and would instead tell everyone where the poster's fault was, and also how to behave.

I'd rather you didn't respond to things people are writing off-topic. The main concern in this thread is the moderation of this forum and IRC channel, not what happened outside of there. What happened, happened. What will happen (according to the course the moderation has been/is taking) is the relevant thing here.

I think that the best way to deal with threads popping up about outside-business is to give the two sides a chance to at least link to both their respective forums/statements, and then close the thread. However, this is not as simple in practise, so well-defined rules with room for exceptions would sound better.

Same with offending posts... now various cases are being closed/removed inproportionally whereas it'd be much better if they were made example of, and closed/removed only if necessary (ie. there's no proper example to make, or the content is just ..).

Edit: yeah, how TheCrema did it is Ok, but I think the forum software does have the functionality to do that without editing the post (ie. reducing the redundancy and adding the consistency).
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by Drakas - 28 Sep 10, 12:46AM