My take on updates.
I've been trying to keep my opinions pent up on this subject, but I feel this may be a good chance to get it out of my system and be done with it, being the single thing I didn't liked about 1.1.

[rant]
Notice how many of these bigger maps were being played. Yes, the majority of them were indeed awful, but since that many people played them, that means a large portion of the community wants to be able to play them. The main arguement I've seen against these maps is that it "tarnishes the image of the game." The whole point of a game is to appeal to its players and make them happy. Trying to weed out the "bad" maps like this just seems like totalitarianism to me, with no regard for the community in its entirety.

If you don't like oversized maps, don't play them.
If you run a server and don't like them, ban them.
If someone votes one up, vote no and just find a new server if it passes.
It's not hard.

I never liked all the Twintowers/"Modern warfare 2 map"/Headshotcity maps either, but I always had a lot of fun sampling random custom maps people threw together and often rather enjoying myself.
[/rant]

I'm not trying to attack or offend anyone here, just peacefully voicing my opinion and letting off some steam.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
My take on updates. - by FARTBOMB - 19 Sep 10, 09:27PM
RE: My take on updates. - by KN!F3 - 19 Sep 10, 09:35PM
RE: My take on updates. - by FARTBOMB - 19 Sep 10, 09:39PM
RE: My take on updates. - by Gibstick - 19 Sep 10, 09:42PM
RE: My take on updates. - by tempest - 19 Sep 10, 10:38PM
RE: My take on updates. - by KN!F3 - 19 Sep 10, 10:38PM
RE: My take on updates. - by Mael - 19 Sep 10, 10:48PM
RE: My take on updates. - by RIPBillyMays - 19 Sep 10, 11:18PM