AC-Map Design/Clipping etc.
Hey Guys,

after another 2 years of research i learned alot more about performance aspects, when it comes to 3D art.

today i wanna show a little map project i´ve made (had to clean it up, since i couldnt get license permissions from Quixel) I still believe it should look decent enough for AC Level, remember that its created with Hardware for AC in mind. Also containers could have seperate textures each, if i find more CC0 sources.

Some technical info:
Vertices: 1310 (minimum possible, textures give the detail)
Shader Changes: 6
Surface/Material Changes: 7 (Bump/Normal Map texture stored within the alpha channel of a texture, "fake" Normal)
Draw Calls: 1 (Combined all Models to one Model, this reduces CPU usage around 75%)
which is really important, since we effectivly using 1 Core only in CUBE Engine, besides that many developers doing that wrong even in AAA games (combine models/collision, after that games are nearly limited to GPU only) Also having the CPU deliver data faster to the GPU result in more FPS, if GPU isnt maxed.

The overall environment vertices of 7429 have to be seperated, gun, hud and specificly shadow (doubles vertices)

Design copied from Line of Sight - Opencage Map:
[Image: 5u0n1Ir.jpg]

Still, since i didnt really learned more about Assault Cube itself, im thinking about how to Clip it.
I´ve tried to clip it seperate and with playerclips but both seem to be collision only and dont stop bullets.
So, if someone knows how thats done, the map can be released.

Note: I know that it could be done with walling inside of each container for example, but that would require world quads and world vertices (which are waste of performance, since it only needs clips which doesnt display anything, that way its nearly exact 400 fps on an old Intel HD4000, couldnt test with ATI Xpress 1100 yet, but those who wanna give it a try to test without clips (not final performance) you can use a seperate game client (Make sure to not play online! You wont see anything in most Maps anyway :P) loadmap opencage via console or go to singeplayer, empty map, show all maps, opencage. At moment the map replaces Makke/Barrel Model (Loading times will be increased due to 4k textures)

Opencage for AC - Alpha:
https://workupload.com/file/syXhgznSXDs

Piece
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 20 Apr 22, 11:30PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by Mr.Floppy - 22 Apr 22, 04:34PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 22 Apr 22, 05:53PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 23 Apr 22, 04:17AM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by Mr.Floppy - 24 Apr 22, 04:13PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 24 Apr 22, 10:38PM
RE: AC-Map Design/Clipping etc. - by 3XIX - 26 Apr 22, 09:08AM