AssaultCube Mobile
Quote:I'd make it so when the game starts up it just shows the controls as a screen you flip through. Maybe making the help button more accessible would be good. My experience was starting up the game and then spending the first 3 minutes not sure how to shoot the gun. Eventually I figured it out but it took awhile. Later I realized I could've just looked for the help screen.

I do have a question here. On the "choose your battleground" screen did you try out the "solo/training" battleground? This will show the explainer screen with the controls immediately before you spawn on the map. I am curious to know because I assume most people will jump straight into play offline/online instead.

Quote:Clicking anywhere on the left side of the screen is a jump. But the control board says you got to swipe to jump. An upward swipe feels most logical to me.

Yes that is an issue - it should only jump if you swipe outside the circle and not if you tap anywhere on the left hand side. You can swipe out in any direction out of the circle. The reason for this is that you can choose direction of jump while keeping max velocity. I realize now that the explainer screen only shows north-east direction (to keep the image simple) and this might confuse people.

Quote:At first I was able to shoot, but now I can't shoot anymore for some reason.

Most likely you switched attack key from double-tap to volume-up. The explainer screen only shows double-tap. We should probably show an alternate explainer screen if volume-up is enabled.

Quote:Some kind of voting system could be good. Being able to kick/ban someone would be nice, because if theres a teamkiller people would like to get rid of him.

That would be nice. If tk'ers or cheaters become a problem another more decentralized approach would be to allow you to host a game and invite your friends with an URL.

Quote:The only issues I had was with the jumping. Having it be a swipe I would trigger it without doing anything, it might be easier with a separate button for jumping. :)

The challenge is that you do not want to lose velocity while jumping. Of course you could use the other thumb to press a separate jump button. However that would mean you loose the ability to aim while you move.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
AssaultCube Mobile - by driAn - 02 May 21, 06:56PM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by Ronald_Reagan - 03 May 21, 04:54AM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by driAn - 03 May 21, 06:05AM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by Ronald_Reagan - 03 May 21, 01:01PM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by driAn - 07 May 21, 08:06AM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by Ronald_Reagan - 07 May 21, 01:08PM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by sukablya - 03 May 21, 02:00PM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by driAn - 03 May 21, 04:37PM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by YesWeCamp - 03 May 21, 08:46PM
RE: AssaultCube Mobile - by sukablya - 04 May 21, 11:37AM