Question to NextGen Maps/Models
Found out some more interesting history and it really all started with id tech where some created Action Quake which later got added by the wish of id tech within Quake 2 Pro a package of most popular mods at that time. Some of those Action Quake creators later then left to Action Cube now Assault Cube and the most of them to Action Half Life which then became Counter Strike. Its funny since they all have a similiar style and Action Quake somehow really looks like the first counter strike, models look really like that. And also game files didnt really changed much, they still using bsp format in CSGO. With knowing all that...CSGO and Call of Duty been closer as we tought atleast you could find the red line which connected them or atleast the ideas id tech to action quake - action half life - counter strike and id tech to call of duty given to activision. For me its important to know, and found the core which seem to be quake 2 pro these days where my GPU runs at 60 fps with 0.2 Watt, and CPU usage of 0.5-1% imagine an actual architecture with that...i think i sadly have to say that i am going to mod quake2pro instead of AssaultCube since there is a difference of 1/10 usage by having shadows/dynamic lighting on both sides. Btw it runs at 700-800 FPS without FPS lock, while AC without FPS lock runs at 300-400 on this hardware, by still having 1/9 power consume. Pretty much same model vert counts, maps itself also pretty similar (action quake ones, the old ones)

And to Felix, that seem to be a cool feature but i think its not in, cause clips would need to rotate aswell, i think they only work X and Z axis. Still would be a cool feature to have the Y axis aswell, not that it couldnĀ“t be done with blender these days. Simply convert old models to obj, 3ds whatever and rotate them in blender and convert them back to md2/md3. But idk maybe it can already be done and i or we just dont know it. Or its due the shadows which would doesnt have that axis, as you also see in your sreenshot (the palette where shadows would need to be mirrored) But yea was a try
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 02:19AM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by Marti - 23 Nov 20, 02:13PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 05:03PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 05:38PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 08:31PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 26 Nov 20, 06:48PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 29 Nov 20, 07:28PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 30 Nov 20, 05:21PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 12:49PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 08:22PM