Question to NextGen Maps/Models
Well with all the testing i´ve found out that cube models itself doesnt work out. The model size aint a big issue, you would just save the models with other XYZ coordinates, mdlscale just seem to be the fine tuning which makes sense. But there are some open spots to even "legaly/illegaly, idk" cheat due that, while i´ve found out at character model replacement with cube 2 character models, hitbox is as big as the character...sadly im way to newschool to understand how they did animations, i first tought they created a different model/position for each frame like run1 a model run2 a model. Well probably won´t really find out without 3DS software. At the end im much more confused about the system requirements of assault cube compared to quake 2 (1997) while graphic on minimum AC require 600 MHZ CPU, 256 MB RAM, 64MB VRAM/GPU Core 400 Mhz and Quake 2 require 90 MHZ CPU, 16 MB RAM, 32 MB VRAM....while both beeing graphically pretty much on the same level besides shadows (which you dont have activated on minimum) that somehow doesnt really make sense if pretty much 80% of the code is from Quake, well OpenGL could be the difference why there is that fucked up performance range between both since Quake 2 using OpenGL 0.2 and AC 1.1 or 1.2 i guess. Im really unsure if to enhance graphics we shouldnt besides from shaders and lighting effects recreate assault cube within quake 2 engine, which after that could be ported to quake 3 engine for those who want better quality, not the Nvidia Ray Tracing remaster of Quake 2 (thats exactly the type of modding i dont like, since ray tracing first wasnt even fully developed to that time and second still isnt. At the end its for a new generation like me funny that they started the best they could but with mostly every new "function" making performance worse without really having graphics increased, who cares about reflection/lighting if walls are blurry...i really dont get it. I think the only chance to stay in the performance area is switching to quake engine since we´ve no engine developer here i guess
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 02:19AM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by Marti - 23 Nov 20, 02:13PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 23 Nov 20, 05:03PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 05:38PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 24 Nov 20, 08:31PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 26 Nov 20, 06:48PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 29 Nov 20, 07:28PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 30 Nov 20, 05:21PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 12:49PM
RE: Question to NextGen Maps/Models - by 3XIX - 02 Dec 20, 08:22PM