Poll: Would tweaking weapon ranges and damage inflicted at given distances help improve or balance game play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no, it's fine as is.
71.43%
5 71.43%
yes, some weapons should have a max distance and not inflict any damage outside a given distance.
14.29%
1 14.29%
yes, the game should have bullet drop factored into each weapon to limit effective range
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances?
I'm still very confused as to how this spread concept works and would appreciate links to any recommend reading on the subject.

the shotgun spread image really doesn't explain the spread at a given ranges. I assume after a given amount of cubes the shotgun can only deal a reduced amount of damage points (represented by a green or blue dot in the image above)? how many damage points is a blue dot vs green dot. at point blank range of say 6 cubes is it possible to hit with a reduced damage shot due to spread or a near miss?

I think Alien sees where i am going with this and posted a recommendation for which weapon to use in a given type or area or map. obviously a small close quarters map is more suited for an SMG or shotgun than the sniper rifle in most cases.

I am interested in looking at this info and seeing if I can find ways to make maps and arenas that are more fun to play.

here are some questions have been considering.

1.What is the most fun size and shape map for a close quarters arena?

2. Can a map ever be too big with too many winding tunnels that it becomes less fun to play? or would the most twisted tunneling mess of a map that fits the quality reqs be fun to play for certain game modes?

3.do certain combinations of spaces work (well, best or better) next to another type of space?
ie) 4000sq foot medium size rooms connected by 16 cube wide tunnels with low ceilings...
or a good area for snipers to perch where a teammate with a shotgun is well suited to guard the snipers den...

4. what makes a good sniping spot or a good map for sniping?

5. what maps do you think are the most fun to play and have the best cube geometry, spaces and shapes for fun game play and why?

6. I understand this is a fast arcade game but i still want to create maps layouts that encourage and reward effective teamwork. How can map layouts better encourage this?

7. Can anyone explain how the damage points of a grenade is distributed over space. how many cubes away from a grenade do i have to be to not get hit and what not. could one grenade kill ten players at once or is there a limit on the total amount of damage a grenade can deal...?

8. I plan on making a thread in the mapping section about making maps that are more fun / interesting to play soon. do you have any ideas?

what do ya'll think?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapon Ranges, spread distance, and damage by cube distances? - by insideJOB - 31 Jan 16, 09:29AM