Why is AssaultCube AntiCheat still not open source?
(31 Jul 15, 02:50PM)Mash Wrote: The question is why is it not open source? Why are we not allowed check what the thing is doing?
My question is, are you seriously asking ?
(31 Jul 15, 02:50PM)Mash Wrote: Why it sometimes bans not modified clients for speedhack?
The speedhack detection code is a mess. It will catch the most obvious ones, it is not that much affected by lag but in some legitimate situations (especially if you abuse some jumps) it will trigger bans. This needs to be fixed, but later, when the whole anticheat code gets reviewed (it will have to be done, but imo its not a priority - i'd rather diminish its features like i did to avoid most false positive and then rework them properly

(31 Jul 15, 02:50PM)Mash Wrote: Why are we not allowed to check how much computing time each task in it uses and decide as server hosters on our own what parts we want to include and what parts we want to leave out to protect our players from lag.
Because thats ridiculous. The anticheat isn't demanding.

(31 Jul 15, 02:50PM)Mash Wrote: (At the moment we're forced to host without anticheat protection because we have to recompile)
Brahma "promised" it should be available as an external library. I might do that when the anticheat gets updated.
Thanks given by: HoeHunter

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is AssaultCube AntiCheat still not open source? - by Luc@s - 01 Aug 15, 06:40PM