Last-minute wishes for the next map format
Actually, AC has had particle emitters for a long time and no one ever used them. Currently, they are part of the model features: you can attach an emitter to a model tag. Still, we don't have any useful emitter types for the desired AC design. Most of the emitter types are just variations of the sparklies from edit mode.

I remember experiments with window models, 5 or 6 years ago, I think, from eihrul and toca. IIRC, it was too expensive or just didn't work as desired. FYI, if it were to be implemented, it would not require changes to the map format.

Clip rotation only works in 45-degree steps and tilted clips have the same "stairs"-feeling as slopes in map geometry (both intentionally). Mapmodels can rotate on all three axes freely. On two axes with 0.1° resolution, the third (pitch) with 1° steps.

I was wondering, if I should remove the artificial "stairs"-feeling from the more gentle sloped clips (say, below 25% rise). Slopes without stairs feel very weird to walk on (I have an experimental branch somewhere, which smoothes out /all/ slopes: works excellent, but feels very unnatural, so I never included it). Since the stairs on clips are only artificially added, they could be easily removed from flat angles. That would be something, that would to have to be tested :)
Thanks given by: Graziano

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last-minute wishes for the next map format - by stef - 22 May 15, 11:43AM