If you could trade stats in AC what would you trade?
(12 May 15, 10:41PM)Vanquish Wrote: You know eihrul worked on assaultcube right? He basically wrote the entire UDP network code that we're still using today in 1202, and backported some of sauer's rendering techniques. Would he have bothered if he didn't care about improving the game to be more enjoyable?
And yeah, games like sauer and red eclipse are totally dead and have no playerbase left, because they're so unenjoyable (in comparison to AC, which is doing so well)
sauer's competitive scene > AC's (sadly, because I personally believe AC has the potential to be much better)
I'd also argue that eihrul is more popular amongst his games' respective communities than stef is in AC. And for the love of god don't retort with this only being about how I feel because there is currently an entire irc channel and two teamspeak channels talking about him, and not in a nice way. This post will probably get deleted anyway though so whatever.
You really think i don't know what eihrul did ?
Sauerbraten gameplay is poor, for me this game is an empty shell (its basically an engine)
i don't see eihrul supporting projects that can make his game more popular
and sauerbraten isnt significantly more competitve than AC
For me eihrul isn't trying to make a popular game, no, just trying to build some tools for game developers and experimenting things. Which is cool, and hes doing it in a nice way. But thats not what AC needs at this point (not at all)
And finally i think whats being said about stef on these two teamspeak  server or IRC channels won'thave any sort of influence beyond these places lmao
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could trade stats in AC what would you trade? - by Luc@s - 12 May 15, 11:18PM