Who's up for a mapping competition?
(29 Jan 15, 01:37PM)RKTnoob Wrote: I didn't use the template because I made before it was published. After you published it I tried my hand at it, made about 3 layouts, but I didn't like any of them so I scrapped them all because I didn't like any of them. In a broader sense, one could argue that my map follows the spirit of the compo (elevator shaft with 5 vertical levels) but weather you'll allow it or not is up to you, not me.

On a side note, and I don't know how did you miss this:

"Due to the limitations of the Cube engine, it's simply not possible to build a second floor out of geometry. You can however use architectural mapmodels to create them... but don't try to build a 5-storey building with them"

from http://assault.cubers.net/docs/mapediting4.html

Do as you like, it's your compo, I'm glad I made a map and learned a few things, if it fails to enter, it fails, there'll be other compos. o/

(04 Feb 15, 03:40AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: Does this mean the contest is over? If so, that means I'm the only legit entry. I say with all the troubles the website had near the end of this contest, open it back up for a few more weeks just to see if anyone else enters. I don't want to win just because no one else entered, I want to win because of hard work and skill.

I agree. Anyone that wants to enter, may continue to do so. New deadline 21/02/2015.

@MPX: Your issue can probably be fixed, take a look at Halo's map for an example, maybe ask him or myself on co-op if we're online so we can show you.

@RKTnoob: This is why you shouldn't attempt to get a headstart when the competition hasn't started (see court case tourtise v. hare). If you want to enter still, by all means. Sorry that your map (which is really very very good) can't be entered in it's current state.

@MrShimmy: Coal's real valuable, can be used in eco-terrorism, manufacturing or just fueling stuff... a coal mine is therefore very feasible. Also, what's to say that CLA didn't join up with striking miners?

@RKTnoob: "five storey building" != a building with 5 levels.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's up for a mapping competition? - by RandumKiwi - 04 Feb 15, 11:05AM