AssaultCube sounds android app permission
nobody in their right mind would go to court if you used these sounds, but anyway, lets try thinking about this logically. the voicecom sounds were created for the purpose of being used with the AC package. in this case, he has given permission for his sounds to be used in the AC package. naturally, you can't (legally) use those sounds for your program (in australia, as we have no US-style ambiguous fair use defence) because you haven't received explicit permission, but i would use the sounds because nobody is going to really care, especially not makkE or GD.

(25 Dec 14, 04:15AM)aushack Wrote: I've worked on a number of open source projects and this is by far the worst I've encountered. Plus there are zero contact details for anyone.

no doubt; it doesn't help when coders pretend to be lawyers either.

for example, if you wanted to find the licensing to the map files, it would be impossible to do so. the license file to my maps aren't present in the AC package, as far i can see (a breach of the CC license that i have under my maps, considering i didn't ever give explicit permission to the devs saying that they could use my maps for w/e purpose, but i really don't care about semantics so i'm not going to press it).

if you wanted to use my (unique) works in another game, you would just have to assume that the devs hold the copyright to those maps, which isn't true.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: AssaultCube sounds android app permission - by Undead - 25 Dec 14, 05:26AM
RE: AssaultCube sounds android app permission - by vendorstore - 03 Jan 15, 02:08PM
RE: AssaultCube sounds android app permission - by RaverZ - 17 Aug 15, 01:04PM