New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers
(20 Dec 14, 11:30AM)Luc@s Wrote:
(20 Dec 14, 01:10AM)vonuno Wrote: - SSD and gigabit (=fast)
- Stockholm (a nice solid server for Europe)
- Having anticheat gone is itself an asset to some, and no detriment with private servers or good admins

SSD is useless while running assaultcube servers (too little filesystem IO)

However. I do not know exactly what configuration woop servers are running on. But i can tell you that :

- It is running on a dedicated server
- The CPU is a 4 core Intel Xeon E31220 @ 3.10GHz
- Ping from the US east cost can be lower then 100 ms
- The server provider network was improved even more last year making it excellent for game servers
- The guaranteed bandwidth is 100 mb, more than enough for a few AC servers (the true limit is the network and the connection to other isps...)

CPU is also useless, and network bandwidth is also useless.
You don't need a lot of ram and surely not an SSD.

The only thing you want is a decent network interface card. Game servers send a lot of small packets at high rates. This doesn't consume a lot of bandwidth, but can be very hard for low spec NICs. When hosting on a dedicated hardware, you don't have to share this NIC, so yes, if you really want to have the best gaming server, you can place it on a dedicated server. :)

I have already tested some servers on Rasberry Pi, Intel Atom (and other low profile hardware). Network I/O requests per second is what matters :)

@RandumKiwi:
Nice post about geolocation of servers. Netherlands are indeed one of the best location to host.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: New (correctly) hitfixed matchservers - by MathiasB - 21 Dec 14, 09:42AM