Feedback about SVN:trunk (pre-1.1.0)
Ok... I am bit confused with this thread, because it put together features and possible bugs... also, some stuff is not completely finished (we need a devs meeting to do the last decisions)... but I will try to weave my opinions about the main questions.

(21 Jun 10, 09:25PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: 3. sound settings
  • On the sound quality menus there appears messages for unknown alias.
  • Something I dislike on 1.0.x and which still exist is the enormous menu depth.........
  • And this is also one thing I dislike since the current release: If you want to mute all voice coms (for example) you have deselect every single sound..........

The menus (inside config folder) need to be cleaned, and some of files maybe remade... Some guys in this community, like V-Man and others, are highly skilled with cubescript... if you guys can help, it would be amazing.

Quote:4. AFK disconnect (bug ?)
This happens very fast (for example you can't stay for at least 10 seconds you will be disconnected.

The AFK works only for public games.

Usually you have the following scenario: CTF ac_depot 5x5.
You know... AC is a fast paced game... and you go from one flag to other in about 10 seconds (ac_depot is one of the biggest official maps in this sense). So, you can easily do a flag in 25 seconds. If two of your teammates are chatting, suddenly you have 5x3... 45 seconds is more than enough to you lose the game, and lose your patience for playing "alone".

Of course, this threshold (45 seconds) is still in tests (we started with 30 seconds). Anyway, the players are still able to chat in private mode.

Quote:5. Nade regeneration
Ok, only one nade? That is something I have to learn now. but the time when a nade should return on its spawn point is quite too long IMO. This turns down fast pace action imo (I see a waiting line of gamers on every nade point in the near future).

Yes... the nade respawn time is about 2 seconds longer... and it is look to be very bad considering you get only one nade. But the balance is that now you can get up to 3 nades. I am not sure if it is the best... because we will only know when the pubs start.... but the nice thing is: we will not see anymore nade spammers, a serious problem (many times discussed in this forum).

Quote:6. weapon balance
......... people are saying to me that the shotgun is stronger now. My feelings are saying something different. .........

Something wrong here. Or it really a bug, or a wrong impression. AC 1.1 Shotgun does the same damage of AC 1.0.4... and have the same max spread. The only change is the parts of the shotgun are more centered (better distribution). So, if you put the enemy in your aim, you hit him with more parts at longer distances.

Quote:7. score
Well, I don't know how the score is calculated. But it starts to become frustrating to get -20 and someone else 365.

I was in the opinion that the hunt for flags, frags or ratio should be enough motivation for the so called "pro" players. Now we have a new thingy they got addicted then. Really I start to dislike this.

Along with the nade spam, the second great problem of the 1.0.4 was the ratio whores. People entered in the ladder servers, and kept hiding (to not die), and hunting the noobs (to make high frag score). The new score system, which will be related to the future medal system*, is a way to disrupt this kind of game. If you kill as much as you die, your score will *never* be negative. Also, the score calculation in some way takes into account difficult of the map/mode, skill and most important (imo): team work.

If you are playing CTF ac_depot 4x4, the flag score worths about 30 points. If it is a CTF ac_depot 2x2 or a HTF ac_depot 4x4, you receive about 15 points for a flag score.

So, you know that the score is proportional to the difficult to make that score.
The idea behind this new system was to remove/replace the ratio.... but it is a too fast change maybe.

* medal system needs some extra coding, including the medal pictures, and the intermission events... so for now it is tagged as WIP.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback about SVN:trunk (pre-1.1.0) - by Brahma - 22 Jun 10, 08:25PM