Feedback about SVN:trunk (pre-1.1.0)
It works now (yay)

Here are my first impressions. First of all, thx to the devs for the hard work you've done so far. Here are my comments, impressions, concerns w/e:

1. map preview
It's nice to see a map preview on the map/mode menu selection to the right. It reminds me to a similar feature on sauer. The iconized preview in the menu itself seems to me needless: It's a redundancy to the bigger picture and the shown map is invisible to the eye anyway (it's just too small - especially on large resolutions).

Hopefully there is a chance to place such preview images on some place also for custom maps.

2. skin preview/weapon preview
I like really the jumping, shooting aso model which appears on the right next to the skin menu. Nicely done.

I recommend to place the rotating weapons of the weapon select also on the right side next to the menu (reason: consistency).

3. sound settings
  • On the sound quality menus there appears messages for unknown alias.
  • Something I dislike on 1.0.x and which still exist is the enormous menu depth to get for example to the weapon mute menu (5 steps or 6 from the ingame menu). Some reorganisation to reduce it would be cool.
  • And this is also one thing I dislike since the current release: If you want to mute all voice coms (for example) you have deselect every single sound (same goes to weapon sounds aso). It's maybe a better solution do mute/unmute all sounds of a certain category with a single checkbox (and it reduces one menu level).

4. AFK disconnect (bug ?)
This happens very fast (for example you can't stay for at least 10 seconds you will be disconnected.

5. Nade regeneration
Ok, only one nade? That is something I have to learn now. but the time when a nade should return on its spawn point is quite too long IMO. This turns down fast pace action imo (I see a waiting line of gamers on every nade point in the near future).

6. weapon balance
Well the AR seems much more handy now (less recoil) with the effect that it becomes the dominating weapon with this release (like the smg is now). Well, people are saying to me that the shotgun is stronger now. My feelings are saying something different. Normally I need one/two shots to body/head to get a frag. Now it seems to me that I need three or five - if I came into the weapon's range (it's more likely that I'm hit before by some AR-user now with its longer range; therefore the weapon becomes useless IMO).

7. score
Well, I don't know how the score is calculated. But it starts to become frustrating to get -20 and someone else 365.

I was in the opinion that the hunt for flags, frags or ratio should be enough motivation for the so called "pro" players. Now we have a new thingy they got addicted then. Really I start to dislike this.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Feedback about SVN:trunk (pre-1.1.0) - by Apollo{TyD} - 21 Jun 10, 09:25PM