"Regen capture" into AC [unofficial WIP]
I've heard a few times some requests to implement something similar, or a base system into AC, so i started to work on something like that 2 or 3 days ago.
(I had made a "base keeping" gamemode long time ago, but it was totally different).

How does it work ?

It's a teammode. At the beginning of a game, you spawn in your usual base (RVSF or CLA). Different "control points" are placed around the map. Typically, one in each base, plus 1, 2 (maybe 3 ?) other bases around the map.

You have to capture as many bases as possible, and for each base, you score every time you keep it captured for 15 seconds.

Your enemies can claim your bases if they stay long enough in numeric superiority around them.

Staying around one of your base will "regenerate you" (giving you some health and armour, 10 of both each 2 seconds).

Once you have captured 1 base or more, your spawn near your control points.

A few screenshots :

Capturing a base
It takes some time to capture a base, ~6-7 seconds. The more you are in the base, the faster it is !
It's twice as longer to capture a base already taken by the enemy.

[Image: capturing.jpg]

Base captured !
Got 70 of armor by staying near the flag

[Image: captured.jpg]

Current bases state

You can see to whom the bases belong at any moment on the minimap/radar

[Image: minimap.jpg]

Editmode
You can place a control point anywhere in the map, although is it recommended to place them in fair spots and at least 1 in each base.

[Image: editmode.jpg]

How to test it ?

1) Download the latest SVN version
2) Download : http://88.190.35.204/mods/regen/regen_beta.zip
3) Extract it in your SVN local copy. On windows, the binaries are already available.
On linux, you would have to compile.
4) You need to test it on a server. Mine should be available at any moment of the day.
/connect ac-akimbo.net
5) Vote a map in regen capture. Just do /regen the_map. The map must have control points.
Most official maps are available. So you'd just have to do /regen ac_depot for example.

=> This gamemode requires at least 4 players to be fun.

Credits

i did the coding myself from scratch, but the sounds come from sauer.
cleaner is working on a base-mapmodel ATM.
Thanks all testers for their great help, including youngstud, phantom, aekom, bukz, etc.

Please, if you have any suggestion... it is welcome.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
"Regen capture" into AC [unofficial WIP] - by Luc@s - 25 Jun 13, 09:25PM