Are there any competitive players left?
(31 Mar 13, 09:00AM)Bloodsport Wrote: If only we can stop all these n000bs coming to the game and playing whatever maps they like, the pros will appear and everything will be good again.

(30 Mar 13, 02:02PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(07 Mar 13, 01:33PM)Nightmare Wrote: My main point was stop letting new players control AC.

I am curently translating the "Map design" guide from Mr.Floppy and there is something kinda interesting related to the ac_douze situation.

Quote:Those maps will still be appealing to core gamers, which naturally are more likely to abstract the game world they are playing in.

He was speaking about Gameplay VS Art maps, and this "core" word represents those skilled players who play only on maps that belong to AC, as far as I know, ac_douze is the extremely oriented to arcade experiences, in contrary with AssaultCube gameplay target. But AC offers a Quake-alike gameplay wich works well with ac_douze.

Those noobs are just on the wrong game, but AC gameplay fits with those "n000bs" maps like you said.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are there any competitive players left? - by Skinny-Dog - 27 Mar 13, 07:59PM
RE: Are there any competitive players left? - by ExodusS - 31 Mar 13, 09:51AM