AC Interview: Xenon
Today's interview is with competitive player, Xenon. :D
If these are coming too quick and being too spammy, let me know Devs/Mods. Been trying to pace them fast enough for fans, slow enough to avoid flooding the General Discussion forum with them. Thanks. :3

1) Do you regret using cheats in the past?

Of course. I first anticipated to just watch games with them, but of course the temptation gives in. It was rather silly and I'm sure most of you can trust me enough now to know I won't use them again -.-

2) Can you name a few of your favorite bands/music artists?

Don't really have any favorite bands and music artists, although I do listen to rap more then any other genre. I rather like 'Drake' more then most artists and as for bands, something like a green day type or band is great.

3) What is your favorite weapon in AC and why?

AR. It's my favorite because I feel it rewards people with good aim and although 70% of the AC community qq over spread, you just need to learn to tap instead of hoooooooolllllld down for 20 bullets then rage about it. I feel the rifle jumping is also such a fun thing to do and can reward you so greatly if you can master rifle jumping.

4) What is your favorite mode in AC and why?

CTF. Most played mode and I feel it has the most skill involved with it as you need a balance of team work and good players to really excel in the mode.

5) What is your favorite official map and favorite custom map in AC, and why?

My favorite official map is ingress. I just love it and it's back and forth game-play. I also love how right and left layouts are done. Put simply it's just got good gameplay.
My favorite custom map would have to be HeadShotCity_Reloaded2.1. Pretty funny map to play around on at 1am in the morning.

6) In your opinion, what is the best 3v3 match line-up in Assault Cube today? They don't have to be same clan/country, you can mix and match.

I'm going to change the question a bit 'cause I'm a dick and make it a 6 player All Star squad.
1) Harrek (FRA)
2) Vermi (AUS)
3) Undead (AUS)
4) Xenon (AUS)
5) Reedie (FRA)
6) Waffles/Honor. (USA/FRA)
I'd like to include people like sanzo or ech0 but I haven't seem them recently so I can't really judge.

7) There are only a handful of great competitive clans out there, can you name a few mid-skilled clans that in your opinion are the best of the 'Tier 2' clans? And why do you think they succeed in being one of the best of the mid-skilled clans?

B} I would regard as more of a community, then a clan because i never ever see them playing matches :D
I would have to say BoB as recently they have lost some of their top members but yet they can still compete with teams such as .rC| which is a credit to them in my opinion.

8) What is your favorite food and favorite drink to consume while playing Assault Cube?

I personally recommend 'Shapes'. Good shit bruv, not sure if all you foreigners have them but they are the best things ever. Something like a powerade can keep your hand pumping, keeping your energy high and make sure your always on top of the enemy! /troll

9) Will Australia win ACWC 2013? Why or why not?

I'd like to say yes, and I do think yes but again it depends on what maps we have to play. If for some reason larry decides to be a dick and put maps such as depot as the final, it can go either way between a team like AUS or France.

10) What do you think of Assault Cube as a competitive game, like what it does well, what it doesn't? And how do you think it stands against other competitive, free multiplayer first person shooters?

The game is addicting, and truly fast paced. It makes for really fun gameplay and that's what makes me continue to play it. The game does lack though in community support past the public servers. I think a new release can certainly help boost this.
I think it stands quite poorly community wise because of the sheer amount of people we have compared to games such as Quake or TF2. I think people turn away from AC quickly rather then games such as Quake or TF2 which gives them the advantage.

11) What job/career would you like to have in the future?

Developer, can't think of anything else so eh.

12) What is your opinion on the power abuse of devs and mods, and what should be done about it?

V-Man should be stripped of moderator status because he never gives out a reasonable amount of warning points. I think it should be on a warning system. e,g
1st offense: warning
2nd offense: Post moderation
3rd offense: 3 day ban
4th offense: 1 week
and you get the jist of things.

13) Should the devs let us see the Elite Forum? Why or why not?

Naaaah, then idiots will make forum threads about threads inside of the Elite forum.

14) What other games do you play currently?

CS:GO(Recommend), Sauerbraten, CoD4, LoL, Quake from time to time.

15) Do you believe paulmuaddibka's permaban should be reduced, considering his 'crime' was minor spam, and being a minor annoyance to some devs?

It should be increased to even longer then a permaban. just looking at his name makes me want to ban him. He is rather rude and stupid though so to be honest, he should just stay banned.

16) Which members of the AC community would you like to see take the Cinnamon Challenge and upload the recording to Youtube?

hahahaha.
larry, undead, zetsuu, PANDA, PANDA 100X PANDA. ech0

17) Which mouse do you use and why?

Razer Deathadder 'cause it's the sickest.
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-deathadder
all pro players use a deathadder.

18) What is your full opinion on the new reworking of ac_iceroad, including pros and cons?

It's much better although at the cost of the map being much more complex. PROS: Fun, Gameplay, Textures, Layout
CONS: Big, Complex for new players.

19) Do you have any pets in your house? If so, what kind of animal and what is it's name?

DOG; names Jarra.
German dog.

20) What features would you like to see added to Assault Cube?

A better lighting system.
More maps.
More competive support from the devs.
Hitfixes.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
AC Interview: Xenon - by Nightmare - 16 Oct 12, 09:07PM
RE: AC Interview: Xenon - by Minty - 16 Oct 12, 09:17PM
RE: AC Interview: Xenon - by MykeGregory - 16 Oct 12, 09:26PM
RE: AC Interview: Xenon - by titiPT - 16 Oct 12, 09:28PM
RE: AC Interview: Xenon - by ReDBuLL - 16 Oct 12, 10:28PM
RE: AC Interview: Xenon - by Cemer - 16 Oct 12, 10:54PM