Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
(31 Jul 12, 06:08PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Just an fyi, when a mod has a problem with a user (Someone perhaps who you may have a grudge on), we sometimes consult other mods for an opinion so we can give a fair warning if necessary sort of like a checks and balance system.

Very true, if I am unsure about someone, I report them rather than moderate them myself.

(31 Jul 12, 07:03PM)1Cap Wrote: Only when i was the target of this system mod that I realized how much he is unjust, ineffective and subjective.

Ouch, I actually how no idea how un-subjective that act of moderation was. It was super simple. I laid out the rule in one post, come back to the thread and see three posts breaking the rule that I made. All with different levels of severity. You did exactly what I said not to do. Sorry if I misunderstood - as you once said - there may be some issues with translation.

See, this is what happens. People might not realize it, but almost every move a moderator makes is questioned. In the issue that I talked about above, 2/3 people decided they didn't want warning points. One of them graciously accepted the points and realized they were wrong. 1Cap, you aren't alone, people have gotten mad at me for moderating them before. Tbh, in the end I don't care. I don't moderate to become friends.

(31 Jul 12, 08:34PM)Nightmare Wrote: Clan Puppet Moderator(s) is also a problem.
They don't touch clanmates even if they break the rules with every post, then go after anyone who calls them out on it, and kill the forum community more by driving away good people who are sick of the bad eggs, who get protected by their Puppet Mod. Then edit every single post of anyone who tries saying something about it to protect themselves.

Of course some moderators are biased, but it doesn't actually change anything. I can only remember remember a specific incident where a clan-member-mod went out of their way to protect themselves, their clan, or their fellow clanmate. I know a couple times I don't moderate my clanmates just because I don't know how much I should. If anything, I feel more at liberty to give out a super harsh warning (see ShadowZ) because that is how I get change, and I feel comfortable as I know that person well.

(31 Jul 12, 08:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: Also @ overall topic of thread, who has control over the forum rules? jamzy?

jamz would be the person to add new mods and such. There isn't much infrastructure behind the rules and change. I would assume that a post would be made in the mod section, and people would vote on it. Enough approval would mean change.

Just my guess.

(31 Jul 12, 07:33PM)1Cap Wrote: But I can not give a "warning level" to moderators .. I?

If you think a mod has made a post requiring warning points, report their post.

I think this is something people need to get reminded of constantly. The report button. I'm not going to go into much depth about it, but if you feel like you were attacked by another user, if another user was out of line, or something needs to get moderated use the [Image: postbit_report.gif] button. Why? Because mods may not of seen the post in question, or they might not of thought that anyone would take offense to it.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by Ronald_Reagan - 31 Jul 12, 10:35PM
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by Harps - 04 Aug 12, 11:45AM