Poll: What is your opinion about moderation?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mods need to be harsher and moderate more.
50.00%
23 50.00%
It's fine the way it is.
45.65%
21 45.65%
Mods are too harsh and shouldn't be so mean.
4.35%
2 4.35%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Clarification of rules and penalizations
(31 Jul 12, 05:39PM)Edward Wrote: Sorry if I am rude but you tried to humiliate me by showing me where was my place (does it make any sense uu?).

Well what I saw your first post as is that you were sort of attacking the rules and the point of this thread was to describe that maybe moderation has been slipping lately and a new way of moderation should be reinstated. I may have come off a bit mean sounding but I wanted to really drill in what I said for it is true but not to embarrass you in any way. But basically your post was about how we should go easier on the rules which is in contrast to the general topic of "we should enforce them more". Our rules meaning the forum rules; if everyone made the rules then there would be no point but yes you can question the validity of a rule where fairness must also be at play for everyone else. The whole point of moderation is yes based off of the rules and from there comes common sense and fairness rules and forum mods do their best to treat each user equally. I think what DES|Anderson said is also valid for how mods should work when warning a user.

Just an fyi, when a mod has a problem with a user (Someone perhaps who you may have a grudge on), we sometimes consult other mods for an opinion so we can give a fair warning if necessary sort of like a checks and balance system.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by X-Ray_Dog - 31 Jul 12, 06:08PM
RE: Clarification of rules and penalizations - by Harps - 04 Aug 12, 11:45AM