About the recent cases of autoban (AC1.1)
I deeply apologize.

There was a bug in the server code: if the z of the shot was negative, the server was making it zero. Since the x and y cannot take negative numbers, I thought the same would happen to z. This would be just an visual "mis-effect" if the hitbox and direction checks did not use this vector.
So, every time a player was hitting at a negative z value, in the logs were possible to see:
"suspect sniper hit", "suspect hitbox", "target direction mismatch", "suspect hit"... and so on. This happened only in some maps (mostly in the positions where the floor had negative z).

The second issue was that the speedhack detector is working flawless even when the player is lagging.... but I never thought what happened if the server lags. I analyzed this (indirectly thanks to stef) and found that if the server lags, it thinks all players are speedhacking.

Now we are taking into consideration these facts, so, in the next update I do not believe we will have people being autobanned.

If we had more people testing before the release, probably we would not have these misfortunes...
Anyway we found it and fixed it, so all can I do now is apologize.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
About the recent cases of autoban (AC1.1) - by Brahma - 07 Aug 10, 05:43AM
RE: About the recent cases of autoban (AC1.1) - by q455923354 - 26 Sep 10, 03:48AM