Which country has the most cheats?
i think that dynamic IP addresses bring a serious problem to the health of Assaultcube, at least from a cheating standpoint.

banning countries is wrong.

However,

this is really the only way to deal with cheaters that use dynamic ip address. Some rather unsatisfied individual can't aim or kill without a crutch, decides he needs to cheat to be able to seem "ok". He/She gets caught and banned. Person resets their modem or requests a new ip. Back to cheating.

Would there be some way to code something that would require players from ISP's (not countries) with dynamic IP addresses to input some sort of unique ....deban (not really deban, but more like player profile password) as a way to keep the cheating players and legit players from dynamic IPs separated.

I think if the above ^^^ were implemented, that we would either have a REAL clear picture of WHO the cheaters were (whether by detection or SUDDEN SKILL LOSS ;))

or a lot less cheaters.

The problem in assaultcube for me isn't the cheaters that even new players can spot. It's the clan players (probably rather respected, depending on who you ask) that use cheats to periodically cheat throughout pubs/match.....w/e that is killing the fun in this game.

If asking only dynamic users to register a personal access code seems too excluding...perhaps the devs must ask EVERY player to register for an individual password.

I've been taking a break from Assaultcube for a while now. I just don't know who the genuine players are anymore.

I hate to say it.... but i think i'm done (with Assaultcube) until we can figure out a few clever ways to kick the cheating and the cheaters.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Which country has the most cheats? - by jamz - 27 Feb 12, 01:09PM
RE: Which country has the most cheats? - by MCS - 02 Mar 12, 12:03PM