A Secondary clan/Honor-ship for creativity?
I was originally thinking about a new clan only for creative and talented (in the different forms of modding, scripting, texturing, mapping, mapping) members of our community, then I realized that DES| had that covered.

I still wanted something like that, so I started thinking of a honor idea. It would kinda be a way to claim that you are respected in the community as a talented individual. You could wear a tag, or not. It wouldn't be like a clan in that it it doesn't hold clan matches, and probably wouldn't host a server (unless it had the maps made by the members being played).

I think it would be a nice idea. Just wondering, who would be interested in the idea, a few members I would ask to be in there would be DES|General Dissarray, DES|V-Man, Gibstick, DES|Bukz, makkE, and others (who aren't coming off of the top of my mind, like the devs, though saying your a dev is a honor enough). I was thinking the application process would be submitting a piece of your work to the captain of each category, captain being the elected individual that is most skilled in an area. So makkE might be the captain of the texturing/maybe mapping category. You could also get invited by a pre-existing member.

Tell me what you think of this idea, and if enough people tell me that they would like it, I'll try to get it set up.

A note for clan leaders, what would you think of this idea (I'm particularly curious about what you think), I think you could consider it a honor to have a member of your clan accepted into it.

Please, people tell me what you think, remember, that this would be a selective honor, with a fairly big review process. I'm not sure that if I wasn't setting it up that I would be accepted into it.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
A Secondary clan/Honor-ship for creativity? - by Ronald_Reagan - 05 Aug 10, 09:32AM