Some notes concerning the course of AC
I really like that the site is back up now, and I like to see development going on again. However, I have some major concerns that have evolved while watching some previous events, which are as follows:
  1. Repeated deletion of "unwanted" or "uncomfortable" posts/threads by devs and moderators
  2. The announcement of closed binaries (you do know that this has failed many times before, right?)
  3. A general tendency to sacrifice everything to fight the cheaters (the success of which is disputable)
  4. A major security breach of the website, but no information given about it (come on, everyone should know by now that the "security through obscurity" concept is not valid). Were mail addresses leaked? Might malware have been distributed? Bah, don't you care.
  5. A general attitude of acting like a parody of a commercially-oriented company

All of these points are contrary to what is usually expected from open-source, community-oriented projects. Why? Because you are leaving out exactly those, the "open" part through closed binaries (effectively destroys it, because how would you successfully host your own masterserver) and the "community" part by acting like The Great Dictators on them.

Yes, I'm neither a developer nor a moderator, I don't do the hard work on this project. I would respect it if those people would just tell us that they do what they, and only they, want. Just tell me.

Yes, this thread might be closed or deleted in the blink of an eye. But maybe think about it before you do. Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Some notes concerning the course of AC - by tempest - 20 Jun 10, 07:37PM