The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases
(03 Oct 10, 07:55PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: I'n my opinion every dev (or consultant) has his own agenda and it isn't congruent with the roadmap.
Yet it seems that one wins, and the game takes a whole new direction (1.1).

(03 Oct 10, 07:55PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: The development direction (the "vision") for this game is more unclear to me than years ago.
True. I am thrilled at how dev's do whatever they want without considering any suggestions that players make, and blame these very players for not having contributed or spoken up before a change to the game was made. Now we see how step by step 1.1 is transformed back to 1.0.4.

(03 Oct 10, 07:55PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: Well, I'm tired of reading stuff which is written down to mark someone or a group as the origin of all faults in AC's history.
Then how shall we try to understand who or what has caused these faults?

(03 Oct 10, 07:55PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: one conclusion we can draw: The whole community (devs, clans, players w/o clan) has failed so far. Therefore everyone should look at his own contribution for the fall down first.
There must be a major incident to trigger such a massive *fall down*.

(03 Oct 10, 07:55PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: The question is - what is the alternative? More years of partially IP bans? More fun with hacked/modified clients?
A lagging anti-cheat with overwhelmingly large number of false detections is not a solution, at least a playable one. Honestly, I prefer blacklists, which has worked alright so far on hi-skill servers. Once an effective anti-cheat will be released, i will be more than happy to have it.

(03 Oct 10, 07:55PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: This game (and things belonging to it) never has been ruled in a democratic way.
That is one of the sources that causes so many problems.

Without an active discussion with devs, (not mods who for some reason interfere with everything we say and discuss) this game does not stand a chance to merge the community back the way it was.

P@ndel
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Dark_Alex101 - 30 Sep 10, 02:05AM
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by P@ndel - 03 Oct 10, 08:47PM