The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases
When I first read the original post by Brahma, I did so quickly and with more important concerns on my mind. If you read it quickly it all seems very reasonable and one might come to the conclusion that Brahma is just this really nice guy who only wants what’s best for ac and has had nothing but opposition and resentment from what he describers a s the “elite” of the game.
Well, it wasn’t like that was it Brahma? Fortunately for your case, the evidence of what it was like in reality got lost with the old forums.
The fact is Brahma had his own agenda for this game; it wasn’t just to offer his anti cheat system to the community. He doesn’t like the concept of elite, unless it seems, it’s his clan. But Brahma doesn’t have a clan I hear you say. Not so, there is a new clan called the dev clan; handpicked by Brahma by and large.
Brahma’s view of ac is populist in general he would have us believe.
That’s fine as an ideal but the reality is we have a more centralized and dictatorial central power than this game has ever had in the past. A brief look at the way the forums are moderated gives some indication of the prevailing attitude; this is the danger of too much power in the hands of an individual and where I would suggest the elite clan system was far better. Sure the clans squabbled and progress was slow but decision making that affected the game was more consensus orientated even if the flames rose rather high at times. The great advantage of the developers developing the game and the clans running it was if an injustice was done at one point it could be redressed at another and even through the flames clans communicated with one another via other channels not necessarily open and obvious to the general public.
The fact is Brahma had a great deal of support from the majority of those he describes as the “elite” when he initially took on his chief cheat finder mantle.
Problems arose when the evidence either wasn’t sufficient in other player’s eyes or not adequately explained or published.
For many of us, “Brahma says he hacks and so it must be” wasn’t adequate then and isn’t now.
Despite the scorn Brahma has for the opinions of the “elite” who spent hours adding to the blacklist and offering demos of suspected cheats for Brahma or anyone else to examine many of those “elite” were proven to be right in their “gut feeling gained from experience in the game and Brahma’ “empirical” methods eventually caught up and most accepted the end conclusions.

The simple fact is Brahma, whether or not it’s your fault, the fault of the “elite” clans or a combination of both; since your arrival and quest for power over this game the community has been more divided than I can remember and the level of tolerance for dissent has fallen drastically.
We may have a partially effective coded in anti cheat system now, but at what price?
So, please, lets not have too much of the “I’m just the reasonable well intentioned guy” stuff. Your irrational hatred of the established clans is self evident in your posts and your dogmatic approach to the forums and community is evident in the number of struck out names with banned underneath them on the main forums.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Dark_Alex101 - 30 Sep 10, 02:05AM
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by tipper|DES| - 03 Oct 10, 02:14PM