The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases
(24 Jun 10, 11:04AM)Lumpaz Wrote:
(21 Jun 10, 01:22AM)iOD|Habluka Wrote: wouldn't it also detect an amazingly good player who is just incredibly accurate?
Well, that would be a cheater. ;-P

Quote:Something that would be helpful in resolving many questions about the detection of various hacks is a brief explanation of how the actual detection works.
Hell no. The less people know about it, the more efficient the detection will be.

Just face it: AC now is plagued with cheaters, idiotic ones and "pro" ones alike. Not that I don't like to play the game, but I'll certainly like it even more when I won't have to face those "amazingly good players" that are so "incredibly accurate" any more (underline "incredibly") (obvious cheaters are comparatively less annoying because they usually get kicked out pretty fast).
So what is there to fear here? I for one can't wait to see the anti-cheat system up and working, as any honest player should. I think we can all trust Brahma's ideas and implementation, it's certainly smart enough (and tested enough) that it won't consider you a cheater if you're particularly accurate or get a few lucky shots. And if some fine-tuning is needed, I'm sure we can trust Brahma with that too.

Whats wrong with being accurate ?
The more you play (and if hardware allow) then you can become very accurate.
Accurate isnt for luckers, alot of good players are very accurate and i think most of them will play 1.1 just fine.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Matasar - 24 Jun 10, 01:36PM
RE: The AC 1.1 cheat detection policy and the AC 1.0 cases - by Dark_Alex101 - 30 Sep 10, 02:05AM