Poll: Should filtering for server registration be more strict?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
70.37%
19 70.37%
No
29.63%
8 29.63%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Servers!
I hang out on IRC alot and every 5 minutes a newbie comes in and asks Brahma to register his server.

So then the conversation goes a little deeper, and after a while we come to a standstill.
The newbie, thinks his IP is 192.168.1.2, has never heard of port forwarding in his life and has not read the server registration rules.

Now we've been helping them out. Every single time a newbie comes in, we teach them everything from scratch. But you've gt to ask yourself? Is it worth it? We have around 50 servers on the MS, out which how many are actually played on? 15.

Why do we need to continue making servers? Is it the feeling of power you get when you use admin? If so, why not go suck up to another server owner. But seriously, stop making servers.

I'm not saying that we should not allow anyone to host servers, I'm saying that we should have a controlled amount of servers. Or atleast have people who know how to host a server and will maintain it well.

I noticed a post on the forums requesting a few servers to be banned. Why? as they did not have a proper blacklist, maprot etc. THis wouldn't be happening if we didn't register every second person's server. We need to have servers we can trust.

The Devs have lives too. They will not spend every minute of their day registering servers that will be up for twenty minutes.

When I did bring this issue up with Brahma, his answer was simple. He said he had already registered so many newbie servers that he could not say no to the other newbies, as it just won't be fair. He is right, it's not okay to be partial.

Now what I belive is, if your server does not meet guidelines, does not a have a maintained blacklist and is just plain crap. It should not be up. Take it down yourself. Ask yourself, is it worth ruining gameplay just so you can have your five minutes of feeling like God?

Do you want people like newbie really running the servers?

Vote in ze poll!

EDIT: Sorry for the crappy writing.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Servers! - by Lightning - 23 Jul 10, 06:50PM
RE: Servers! - by Alien - 23 Jul 10, 10:44PM
RE: Servers! - by Gibstick - 23 Jul 10, 11:02PM
RE: Servers! - by DrauL - 24 Jul 10, 04:43AM
RE: Servers! - by Luc@s - 24 Jul 10, 09:16AM
RE: Servers! - by Unharmed - 24 Jul 10, 08:30AM
RE: Servers! - by Zarjio - 25 Jul 10, 07:22AM
RE: Servers! - by Orynge - 25 Jul 10, 08:07AM