Operator Abuse in AC IRC
Today in the AssaultCube IRC channel I was having a friendly chat with some of my good friends, when I was ruthlessly banned by one of the operators there, DES|Medusa. There was no reason given for this ban. However, from the conversation we were having, I was able to conclude that the reason for the ban came from two statements spoken by me months ago. Looking back on these statement, I admit I should not have said them, and that they were wrong. Despite this, I feel that it is unnecessary to ban me for something that happened so long ago, and had absolutely no relevance to what was currently occurring in the channel. Not only that, but I also view this ban as slightly hypocritical, considering I had been called a 'dickhead' just minutes before by Medusa.

To me, this ban is a representation for something far more sinister occurring within the community, something akin to discrimination. I can not think of anyone else within the community who would be banned for statements they made months ago, and I attribute this ban to my 'unique' standing within the community.

All in all, I hope we can peacefully resolve this issue, and I can once again chat with my mates with comfort in the AssaultCube IRC channel.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by MusicMan10 - 06 Dec 10, 01:13AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by vonunov - 06 Dec 10, 01:18AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by Jason - 06 Dec 10, 01:30AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by Gibstick - 06 Dec 10, 01:51AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by MusicMan10 - 06 Dec 10, 01:56AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by Gibstick - 06 Dec 10, 02:01AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by Panda - 06 Dec 10, 02:42AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by V-Man - 06 Dec 10, 03:52AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by Panda - 06 Dec 10, 04:16AM
RE: Operator Abuse in AC IRC - by MusicMan10 - 06 Dec 10, 04:29AM