Any programs that could boost my fps?
(19 Nov 10, 02:29AM)BULL3T Wrote:
(18 Nov 10, 03:46PM)Darkbee Wrote: I had to pretty much turn everything off.
I have a simuler Mac although its G5, what exactly did you have to turn off and how'd you do it.
Sorry to be a pain.

I don't remember the exact settings off the top of my head (I don't really use a Mac much but my PC broke and the Mac is about all I have right now). I can tell you that I used Onyx, with it you can turn off stuff like Dashboards, and fancy graphical desktop effects (for example glass effects on the dock). I guess most of that is nothing that you can't do elsewhere (system prefs) but it puts it all in one place. You can also run all kinds of temp/cache cleanup but that's probably only going to help if you're running low on disk space.

I basically ran everything in Onyx there is to run. For example it can run a disk optimization even though it says that this probably won't do anything (isn't necessary) in 10.4 or above. Whatever, it can't hurt.

The real goals are to make sure the disk is as "tidy" as possible to maximize disk speeds and also to stop stuff running so that it doesn't take up RAM. The more free RAM you can get the better. Along those lines, I can't remember if it's in Onyx or not but be sure to check your startup items (on System Prefs/Accounts/User) and disable/remove anything you don't need. If in doubt, Google it. I don't think my user startup tab has anything in it at all.

Part of my problem is that my system has been bastardized because it's been upgraded all the way from 10.1 I believe, so it probably has acquired lots of crap along the way.

As far as Assault Cube itself goes, the same settings apply on the Mac version as well as they do on the Windows version. Turn graphics detail down, use a low resolution, turn gibbing detail off, lower the number sounds playing at once umm.. can't remember what else. oh, turn off water/shadow/lighting effects. etc etc.

I can give you more specifics if you like but I'd have to do it when I'm in front of the Mac. :) Like I said, I'm no Mac expert, I'm just going by what I've read online and what seems to work. Right now, I can play AC okay. It doesn't look very pretty but it works.

(18 Nov 10, 11:58PM)Jason Wrote: Remove all your textures. :D
Yes, I play AC in wireframe graphics. ;)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any programs that could boost my fps? - by Darkbee - 19 Nov 10, 08:11PM