Is this forum's moderation failing?
(28 Sep 10, 05:07PM)Luc@s Wrote: The fact is, moderation isn't fair, remember when NEF hacked Xu forums. {TyD} could control everything that was said, on TyD forums and AC forums. Some posts were deleted, others were hidden. I'm not saying "TyD is responsible of hacking", but they acted unfairly with Xu. And if they wanted no shit to be said, they had to make something public with some explanation, where this could be discussed, but they didn't, that's why the shit happen.

Why am I talking about this in particular ? Because it's always the same : when something isn't good for moderation's image, it gets deleted/hidden, and some moderators act for them and their mates, not for the forum.

I think many guys have or had this feeling of injustice here, and that explains flaming and trolling.
Luc@s, this was briefly explained and discussed already. Don't see why you need to start bashing... provide a solution maybe?

You'd at once want the forum not to discuss issues of individuals/clans, but at the same time you whine how it was deleted. There is no solution from what you've posted.
(28 Sep 10, 05:35PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: Must have something to do with posts like this one, when people opened their mouth without knowing the details. The same people are now mourning that they lost their playground for a while. I'm pretty sure that in any other case we would have to deal with much more flaming, trolling and offending to this time then which wouldn't help ExileUnit, TyD!, Nef and at least the rest of us. The past has shown that a lot - and no one can deny, that he has a counterpart in this thread to whom he has unplacable feelings since a while.
Looks like this thread is already losing its grips:
1. People just don't read and post in response to last thing they saw.
2. People who don't know details butt in (goes back to 1., since I mentioned such a problem already).
3. People who only want to bash "the dark side".

What is also happening, as is with this thread, or, ironically, this one is that people would sway things off-topic very quickly, and this has happened quite a lot of times already. A person who does that usually would not be with the idea of creating a thread on the topic. Imagine if Panda opened a thread about the issue instead of posting in the topic... it would seem more of a singling out than anything. Same way, I myself should've PMed BunnySoul instead of changing the topic of the thread..

One thing I can think of is the forum functionality of splitting threads, where you move all the stuff disrupting a topic out. For moderators, it would be quite a lot of work, but I think this has built up over time so much that there is no consistency in discussion any more...

Ideas on solving this are welcome.

(28 Sep 10, 05:42PM)Luc@s Wrote: How can we know details when your policy was to hide everything ?
An incident happened, some discussion in private places happened, a few blacklist entries with certain links were made. They were removed. Then this sprawled out into a bigger dispute, creating only accusations.

Should all the details normally be published? No. But once those entries were removed, that changed to a Yes. That's where the mistake was made. Everything after that mistake of the mods here was just one big mess and actions based on moderator powers should be explained then.

Quote:That's just an example of the global attitude of moderation. You can speak as much as you want, everybody knows it, actual policy is unfair (forum moderated with no rules, by 2 main clans, random bans, ...). Now it's time to react and say : yes shit happened, but it won't happen anymore. And as pakit said, I think no clan players for moderation is a good thing.
I believe the issue of "moderated by 2 main clans" was already discussed... you're just bashing at it from a bad angle and giving nothing...

There's no need to be so redundant in this, seriously. Apollo already acknowledged the issue...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this forum's moderation failing? - by Drakas - 28 Sep 10, 06:01PM