Poll: Non-Britons: Have you heard of Queen?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes and they are the greatest rock band
19.23%
5 19.23%
Yes and they are great
23.08%
6 23.08%
Yes and I like them
38.46%
10 38.46%
Yes, they are ok
3.85%
1 3.85%
Yes and I dislike them
11.54%
3 11.54%
No
3.85%
1 3.85%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Have you guys ever heard of Queen?
Here in the UK I think there's a general consensus that Queen are the best rock band there's ever been. Certainly within my family that is the case. For me there's three reasons they're the greatest. Firstly I think they're the only band who could release a greatest hits CD, or even double CD and you could honestly say every track deserved to be there. Secondly they had Freddy Mercury, for whom they're is another general consensus here; that he's the greatest front man to ever live. Lastly, they were great live. Unfortunately I'm too young to have ever seen them live, but I can watch them on video. Now I can watch my favourite song by other bands performed live and I very often get that terrible thought rushing in to my head; 'this is ****'. Even when it is good, I don't think there's ever been a band where I can honestly say that's as good as on the record. Apart from Queen.

But this general consensus, I'm led to believe that across the pond there's actually people who've never even heard of Queen. I just can't believe that's true, they're the greatest for heavens sake!
So I'm trying to see if this is true. I'm not trying to start a who's the greatest rock band debate, I just want to know if anyone in America or anywhere other than the UK for that matter has heard of Queen and if they like them.

And for the unfortunate who have never had the chance to listen to Queen here is their youtube channel we're you can listen to they're countless brilliant songs: http://www.youtube.com/artist/queen
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Have you guys ever heard of Queen? - by Hellspell - 12 Jun 12, 11:12PM