About admins and stuff...
Hi girls, in my ever growing intention of making this game better, I just posted this in BoB forum, but I also want other people to read it and give some insights. With the help of us all, we can make a "Guide to being a good player/admin!" So, what do you have to say..?
Quote:Hi! I find the admin list is out of date. I would also like to add my two cents and address something important, which is the lack of nice team shifting admins...
A notable issue with this game, at least in its actual release, is the /autoteam 1 feature. It normally takes into account the flags (I believe) and can ruin the game for , from the biggest n00b to the most accustomed player.
Its my intent to ask the players who do have admin in your ladder servers if they know how to team shift and how it is important, as much as kicking or banning players, or even voting maps. Its also important that the players be aware of their responsibilities, and that I try to do to.
Before I start I want to give one good example, which would be the new sJ ladder server where there is (I think) always an admin around, and not under disguise. They dont do team shifting, but its a good start...
So, why is team shifting important? Because , another "wrong" feature in this game is how players who disconnect have no penalty for doing so.
I could connect and disconnect from a server seven times throughout a game and it wouldnt be a problem (for me), but it is a problem for the rest of the team. Then, as we are playing on a ladder server, and team whoring happens here more than in other servers, an admin should try to do his/her best to shift the teams so the game can continue being equally fun!
I, myself, am guilty of leaving games in the middle of the fray, but, and this is very important as well, there are players who jump into the battle without considering how they can unbalance the game, and thats the first point in this list, which goes to players and admins.

1 : Please, before your first spawn, see how each team is doing and , if necessary, wait until a player disconnects to spawn.
-What should and admin do? With the provided tools we have, a admin script with different possibilities should be fitted to help you do the job of kicking a player thats distresses the game in this matter.
IE: /kick 1 "Ruining team balance"
Do most people care, no they dont , but they SHOULD and with the new force spectate it will be easier for "us" to improve the game.

2 : Please, respect the game and try not to disconnect before a match finishes.
-What should and admin do? If a player connects and disconnects various times from a game, just warn him that he might get banned. I know this interferes with my statement, but sometimes its better to lose 1 player than losing a whole team due to unbalance.

3 : Please, try not to take advantage of how good your team is doing, and, if necessary, change teams.
I find disturbing how so many players, also well known ones, refuse to change teams even when scores like: "200 frags/14 flags vs 90 frags/3 flags" occur. Self-explanatory.
-What should an admin do? Taking into account the players in each team and how the game is growing, make clever decisions to balance the teams. As admin are players who have experience in this game it shouldnt be that difficult.

4 : Please, try not to play under alias.
This, is difficult even for me. Thats why I suggest that an IP name base is done, so when a player claims admin, he sees the most used name for that IP address, along the actual name of the player. Is taht possible? I dont know, but I wish XD
-What should an admin do? NEVER PLAY UNDER ALIAS! Its confusing and can lead to fights and weird situations.

Well, Im a bit tired, please feel free to add your own ideas/comments/insights so this can become a "Guide to being a good player/admin!.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
About admins and stuff... - by paulmuaddibKA - 24 May 12, 01:18AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by |FOX|Exia - 24 May 12, 01:58AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by RCJD - 24 May 12, 04:41AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by Oracle - 24 May 12, 04:50AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by VallDiGna - 24 May 12, 10:14AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by Vanquish - 24 May 12, 07:53AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by Xenon - 24 May 12, 08:41AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by Waffles - 24 May 12, 11:18AM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by Nightmare - 24 May 12, 12:31PM
RE: About admins and stuff... - by VenteX - 24 May 12, 05:11PM