Ferric is rusting, do you have a de-ruster?
Er... nice fail there :D I guess I had to deal too much with milliseconds and microseconds recently.
Well, but that makes it much more obvious, and also easily explains the disconnects - no wonder people time out after half a minute.
Still no explanation for that timeout though, but the fact that it's almost a minute pretty much rules out all kinds of issues, from the scheduler spazzing out to disk latency. Well, not really, but that kind of stuff would have been noticed already. I'm fairly certain this is not a bug in AC - the only way it could stall for such a long time would be an infinite loop, and then it'd stall forever :P
You can never be sure though, so I'd like to get some more information from the people affected by this and try to find some patterns. For example, does this only happen on virtualized systems? Does it happens on systems other than CentOS and Ubuntu? On Windows? Is this actually with file logging enabled, or syslog, or both? Etc. etc.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ferric is rusting, do you have a de-ruster? - by tempest - 20 Apr 12, 07:10PM