Best gfx card for increased fps?
Wow, did not expect so many responses, thankyou all for your time :)

(20 Dec 11, 07:58PM)Milandrag Wrote: @ vanquish:
i don't think you need much fps to be good :)

You don't need it, but it helps. Usually when I'm 1v1ing someone better than me I get the same (or more) accuracy than them, but not all of my shots hit. Is this down to connection then rather than fps? I've seen screens of some people from FD, you raped my old clan in a cm with 65fps...I mean how is that possible?

(20 Dec 11, 08:00PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: ATI Radeon HD 5450 ftw!

Its about £30 low power so you wont need to upgrade your PSU, silent as it doesnt have any silly fans just a good old fashioned heatsink, 1Gb dedicated graphics memory and even on high graphics detail my fps rarely drops below 250.
;)

That sounds really good, thanks for the suggestion! My fps hovers between 90 and 110 most of the time, with the graphics on horrible, and all the texreduce commands and lighting done, etc. I've tried everything and I'm sure that fps is the cause of my low hitreg.

(20 Dec 11, 08:46PM)Jason Wrote: 5670/5770 - both under a hundred pounds, I had two 5770's in crossfire, but sold my second as I didn't get much of a performance increase. With only one, I get more than enough fps, and play all other games just fine too, e.g. crysis, css, l4d, cod.

Ofc, need to see what psu you have, for cards like Elite suggested, you'll want 500/600watt psu's just to be on the safe side. If you want to know more, skype me.

I didn't understand half of that but thanks for the advice anyway! I've seen your screens and you get some nonsensical 700fps sometimes...

*drools at the thought of a slightly increased hitreg

I'll skype you sometime when you're on (usually you're afk most of the time) :L

(21 Dec 11, 01:52AM)SleepKiller Wrote: I thought the devs had fixed this in the SVN so your just in the end wasting your money a CPU and some RAM would be a better investment. Anyway I get 60 FPS because my LCD display loves tearing yet I use the SMG and still get a solid amount of kills.

In a sense, yes. I'm new to AC (haven't played any previous versions) so I don't know what they're like. When I use the SMG I get solid kills (hell, when I use the AR I get good kills - last I checked my ratio is 2.3 on the BoB ladder), but they aren't good enough. I 1v1 pro players, and ask them for fun to set their maxfps to 90, they agree with me it is horrible.

I'm not saying fps is the "only reason I suck", because that would be ridiculous, I of course know that I have lot to improve on, and a lot of time to do it. I just think that making an investment in a better fps card would be a good step to improving my hitreg. Thanks again for all replies. :D

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Best gfx card for increased fps? - by Vanquish - 20 Dec 11, 12:38AM
RE: Best gfx card for increased fps? - by Vanquish - 21 Dec 11, 12:34PM
RE: Best gfx card for increased fps? - by XFA - 23 Dec 11, 02:47AM
RE: Best gfx card for increased fps? - by Harps - 24 Dec 11, 04:45AM