[Mapmodels] Bow window
As far as I know, there's no way to specify multiple skins for one model. Changing the model's attached skin file is only possible as long as there's only one. At least that's what I've come across, when trying something like this myself, way back earlier this year.

Therefore, Cleaner, you're right. You would need to make each part seperated, with one skin used in order to allow for chaning the texture used. Which will make things quite unconvinient I guess, though isn't such a big deal in my opinion. Just have a look at the "hanging ladder", which also needs to be assambeld by the mapper.

Another issue with rather huge models is, that those could cause rendering issues. Like they happen to dissapear, despite being in view. Though, I only read this once and never really experienced this myself.

However, I'm afraid this kind of model is a little bit too specific, regardless having it's skin change-able or not. If there's a certain map, which kind of screams for such addition, then of course go for it and you won't need to care about the textures anymore.

If you wan't something more general usable, then I recommend to rather make sort of wall elements, which can be arranged as seen fit. Something lego-like. For instance, a roof, a piece of wall, a piece of wall with window, a floor and so on.

HTH

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[Mapmodels] Bow window - by Cleaner - 15 Nov 11, 01:51PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by Dementium4ever - 15 Nov 11, 03:35PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by ExodusS - 15 Nov 11, 06:08PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by Andrez - 15 Nov 11, 06:44PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by MykeGregory - 15 Nov 11, 06:52PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by Cleaner - 15 Nov 11, 07:16PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by Lantry - 15 Nov 11, 07:33PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by Cleaner - 15 Nov 11, 07:58PM
RE: [Mapmodels] Bow window - by Lantry - 16 Nov 11, 12:54AM